2015 Fall Voice Conference
October 15-17, 2015
Sheraton Station Square, Pittsburg, PA
The 2015 Fall Voice Planning Committee is pleased to announce the WINNERS of 8 - $500 Travel Awards. The awards are
being generously provided by the Laryngology Educational Foundation and the National Spasmodic Dysphonia Association.
Laryngology Education Foundation Travel Grants:
(awarded to the top 2 submissions by MD and SLP trainees)
*There are two additional Laryngology Education Foundation awards that will be given at Fall Voice Conference for the
best posters. So attention all the phenomenal poster presenters, make it a great one!
- Young Jin, MD – Seoul National University Hospital presenting: "CAHA Redistribution in the Human Vocal
Fold after Injection laryngoplasty: Retrospective CT Observation."
- Renee King, MS, SLP - Clinical Fellow in speech-language pathology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Voice and Swallowing Clinic
presenting: "Outcomes of Voice Rest after Microflap Surgery for Benign Vocal Fold Lesions."
- Charles Lenell, MS, CCC-SLP – Doctoral student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
presenting: "Rat Vocalizations: A Model to Study Sexual Dimorphism in Vocal Aging."
- Omid Mehdizadeh, MD – Resident at NYU Voice Center presenting: "Stability of the VHI-10 as a function of patient education."
In collaboration with the NSDA, Fall Voice Week is proud to announce 4 awards from the NSDA to be given to the following
dystonia related papers at Fall Voice Conference.
National Spasmodic Dysphonia Association Travel Grants:
- Elizabeth Erickson-DiRenzo, PhD, CCC-SLP – Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery at
the Stanford School of Medicine presenting: "Preliminary study of the feasibility of intraoperative monitoring
of essential vocal tremor during deep brain stimulation surgery."
- Lucinda Halstead, MD – Medical Director, MUSC Evelyn Trammell Institute for Voice and Swalloing
presenting: "Pyridostigmine for Reversal of Severe Sequelae from Botulinum Toxin Injection, The Use of the
Quadrivalent HPV Vaccine (Gardasil ®) as Adjuvant Therapy in the Treatment of Recurrent Respiratory Papillom"
- Amanda Hu, MD – Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology at Drexel University presenting: "Factors that
Predict Patient Perceived Hoarseness in Spasmodic Dysphonia Patients."
- Mi Jin Yoo, MD – Department of Otolaryngology at Montefiore Medical Center presenting: "Subjective
Patient Response to Botulinum Toxin injection at short and long-term intervals."